Baby & Children Activity Survey Results
in association with Little Bird & Start-Rite Shoes
A recent What’s On 4 Little Ones survey received responses from over 1,000 parents throughout the UK who were keen to share their favourite activities they like to do as a family.
Out of 1,083 respondents, it is clear to see that most parents (a HUGE 860 of them!) choose to search online when they are looking for activities for their children.
Online directories (such as whatson4littleones!) are about people looking for what they want and when they want it. Parents know that - unlike print media such as local magazines and newspapers - online directories will offer the most current and up-to-date results. Often, you can also click straight through to an activity organiser's own website or click a link to send a direct email enquiry. More and more parents are doing this on mobile websites too via their smartphones. To enhance this search process, parents can now find activities via the What's On 4 App (iOS version now available to download on the Apple Store).
Over 800 parents responded to this question and the TOP 20 answers are below
- Local Surestart Centre
- Swimming (local pool, Water Babies, Puddle Ducks, Turtle Tots)
- Outdoor activities (beach, woods, parks, playgrounds, geocaching)
- Local leisure centre
- Gymnastics (local clubs & Tumble Tots quoted)
- Local messy play group (Creation Station quoted)
- National Trust
- Dancing classes (baby ballet & diddi dance quoted)
- Baby Sensory
- Monkey Music
- Music Bugs
- Local soft play / activity centre
- Rhythm Time
- Jo Jingles
- Little Kickers
- Drama / Theatre Group (Stagecoach & Razzamataz quoted)
- Library activities
- Baby Massage & Baby Yoga
A recent look at trends of UK searches on WO4LittleOnes also reflect the above results!
From 8,000 recent searches* we found the following categories to be the most popular:
- Baby & Toddler Groups (29.7%)
- Gymnastics and Physical/Active Play (9.2%)
- Baby & Child Development (7.6%)
- Dance (7.4%)
- Music including Music & Movement (5.6%)
- Arts & Crafts including Messy Play (4.1%)
- Football (3.5%)
- Swimming (3.5%)
- Baby & Children's Yoga (3.4%)
- Baby Massage (3.2%)
- Baby Signing (2.9%)
- Baby & Toddler Shows / Events (2.2%)
- Sensory Play (1.7%)
- Languages inc. French & Spanish (1.6%)
- Drama inc. Performing Arts (1.6%)
Also popular, and accounting for approx. 1% each of all searches, are: Antenatal, Baby Reflexology, Cookery, Horse Riding, Rugby, Soft Play, Speech & Communication and Tennis.
For more information about any of the above classes, search now for a whole range of local activity providers.
Over 800 parents responded to this question and the TOP 10 answers are below
- Walks and picnics
- Going to the park / playground
- Historical days out (stately homes, castles, National Trust, etc.)
- Days out to museums, zoos, theme parks, etc.
- Going to the beach
- Cinema and theatre
- Sports and fitness